During the past weeks, I have been playing "Dear Thelma" to some friends. And I've realized how fragile the human heart is and how easily we let the actions of others affect us. More so, I've also realized how insensitive we all can be and so ignorant of what our actions can cause.
I think I daresay that without exception, sometimes we all do things that is not the smartest, in fact, I'd almost say "what the hell were you thinking?" Maybe it's because of our upbringing or our life experiences or a friend's bad advice. Maybe we're scared or foolish or reckless or plain dumb. But still, we do these things and we do them over and over and over, all the time.
Anyway, in my short life's experience, I have learnt not to judge someone for what they do. They do it because of who they are, and if you want to be their friend/partner/family/spouse, you have to accept that some things (not all) are so ingrained in their nature that it's unnatural to have acted otherwise.
So.. in my closing.. to the people I love and care about: If I ever do anything that hurts you, it's not because I don't love you enough or love you lesser. It's a moment of weakness caused by a flaw in my character that makes me do the things I do, despite how I feel about you.
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment