I made a pact with myself. Instead of waiting to be inspired, I will do like what other bloggers do.. just write something until something inspiring comes along. That way my blog can have a life.. so here goes..
Tonite I am home alone. First time in a while because Jen's normally the one at home. Since she has dinner plans tonite, I'm on night duty with Caitlin. As a 4 month old, she's been well trained to go to bed by 10.00pm, which is a far cry from the days when she'll cry incessantly at 12am. Now she can't wait to be put down.
It's quite nice to be at home too. I watched 4 1-hour series in 2.5 hours. Watching TV is no fun with me because I am a compulsive channel switcher.
Been reading a book titled "Blink". It's very intruiging because it tells us what we already know - that we make impulsive judgements about everything in life. Love at first sight is such an example. The book is quite complete because it discusses about how sometimes our first instincts can be a manifestation of something our subconscious is trying to tell us. On the other hand, it also tells how we're all products of discrimination and pre-judgements, which means that those first instincts are based on us stereotyping whatever that we see. Like when we see an older not-so-good looking man going out with a supermodel lookalike, then she's a mistress and she's after his money.
If you ask me now whether I make premature judgements on people, this is what I will say: I strive never to judge someone based on first impressions and to always to give them the benefit of the doubt, except when they look like a crook or smell like a snake.
So how was that nonsensical banter? Maybe I'll learn to post photos later.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Parting shot... do snakes have a smell? :D
Post a Comment